Monday, April 21, 2008

Meh Monday

My Besties and I at Formal


Our Team Together Watching the Tournament
So starts a new week, and YUCK. Yay for the weather, boo for the Monday part. I got out of my internship early today to take a prospective student out to lunch... she's a former student of my mom's from back home, so she wanted to eat with me specifically to ask me questions about what it's like to come from that area and go here. She was super sweet, and I'm pretty sure she's coming here next year (fingers crossed...) so we'll see. That wasn't the bad part. Neither was going to my mailbox and finding out the Crump Phi Beta Kappa award I won at the awards convocation was a $cash$ award. All of the makings for a great day, but then I had a group presentation to give, and I'm not too certain our professor liked it too much. Sucky thing is we went first and thought we were doing what she wanted, but as the first group, it's always kind of a hit or miss... and I'm kind of a freak about grades so that wiped out a lot of the "good" in my day.

On a brighter side, the weekend was great. Formal was amazing, we won our frisbee game on Saturday, and the fundraiser made over $5,000, which is the most I think it's ever made... weekends seem to be my forte, so this week can't go fast enough...

No comments: