Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Was that really a "break?"

Well, spring break has come and gone, and I cannot say that it left me feeling entirely refreshed. I spent the majority of it apartment hunting. The good news is I found a place! :-) It's in a suburb rather than right downtown, because after weighing the options, saving tons of money for rent and avoiding the dreadful rush hour that would plague me driving in and out of the city every day seemed to be the best bet for me. With the apartment thing wrapped up, I also completed my first assignment for my summer job. My supervisor liked it, so it appears I'm starting off on a good foot!

The rest of my break, I committed to getting AHEAD in my schoolwork. Yes ahead, not caught up. For the first time in, I believe EVER, I have my readings done days in advance, and it feels superb. Not exactly the serene and restful spring break I had imagined, but at least I got a lot accomplished.

Now I'm back to the daily grind. Not too incredibly much going on this week... just a poetry reading to attend on Wednesday, and a sorority recruitment activity on Thursday. We will be hosting a spa night for any interested independents, which just might give me the rejuvenation absent from my spring break!

No comments: