Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Must Apologize...

Sorority Family on Bid Day
I'm sorry... I am ashamed to admit that I became far too engrossed in the dealings at fascinating Ripon College and have severely neglected my blog. :-( For that, I apologize.... Of course, since my last post, a million and one things have happened, and I cannot begin to recap them all. Some of the most notable are that the recruitment period is over for the Greeks on campus; we recently initiated 11 wonderful girls into our sorority! :-) On top of that, we had elections for new positions in my sorority... I said adios to social chair, and I am now the scholarship chair, making sure that each of our members is living up to her full academic capacity... doesn't sound thrilling, but it's a pretty important job!
Outside of the Greek world, we are currently electing a new exec board for our Student Senate. The past month of heavy campaigning has reached its peak... unfortunately, we all must remain on pins and needles because the votes were close and we have run-off elections today and tomorrow...
Midterms were this week! Yay, right? Not really, but I only have one more tomorrow, and then it's SPRING BREAK! Unfortunately I don't have any plans to jet off to some exotic paradise like I did last year, but I will be quite busy over break divying up my time between a two-night stay at the Kalahari Indoor Waterpark and Resort with my boyfriend and apartment searching in Chicago for my internship this summer...
Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that I sealed the deal on an internship with Medix Staffing Solutions in Chicago for this summer. Because Ripon College alums are absolutely AMAZING, the CEO of the company came back to visit and interviewed some of the students... I was chosen! Oh the opportunities available at such a supportive college... Not only will I get invaluable experience in marketing and public relations while working with amazing people, I will also get the experience of living downtown for a few months! I can't wait!


Well, I feel as if that is enough catching up for now. I PROMISE I will not start another hiatus in my blogging... but how can I help it with all of the adventures and excitement Ripon College is throwing at me lol... :-) But seriously, I'll catch up in a week or so with all of my spring break adventures and mishaps... until then, Happy Thursday!

No comments: