Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Guess who's back

ME! of course. After a week off for fall break, I'm back to the daily grind. It was nice to have a week without homework, but I didn't really get a chance to relax, as I made it my duty to drive all over and VISIT everyone last week... I stayed the first weekend here so that I could have a chance to see the football game against Monmouth. My dad drove up from Illinois with my little brother, stepmom and step-siblings to watch my boyfriend play. It was a very tough game, but we managed to get on top with less than a minute left in the game... kind of scary to watch, but it definitely kept things interesting!
Then I ventured down to my dad's house for the first part of the week. The highlight from that trip was mainly just seeing my dad, who I see about once every three months, and the great FOOD! Then for the second half of the week, I made my way back up to Westby (by LaCrosse) to see my mother and sisters. I brought along one of my sorority sisters who was really bored during her break and wanted a change of scenery (I really think she was just missing me lol...) We made a visit to the apple orchard, where my mom stocked me up on apple cider, apple crisp, apple donuts, you get the drift... (sure beats ramen!) I spent the night in LaCrosse Thursday to meet up with a Ripon alum and one of my sorority sisters, and we had an absolute blast. Friday, I came back to Ripon so that I could drive over to the St. Norberts game on Saturday.... which didn't go over so well, but I still love my football boys... only one home game left against Lawrence! Should be a good one!
This week, I'm just trying to get back on track, which isn't easy with our sorority initiating a fall pledge class on Friday and Halloween right around the corner... I know I'm super busy, but last week in the prime of my boredom, I was praying for SOME sort of action... and beggars can't be choosers lol...

No comments: